Thursday, April 10, 2008

Findings Worth Finding - Blue Moon Chains

Michael's Craft Store is carrying a whole line of interesting new findings by Blue Moon Beads. In particular, I love the chains and have been using them in some of my own designs.

I designed this necklace using 2 of the chains from Michael's as the backdrop for a sea of art beads.

Lorelei combined a set of Humblebeads' Van Gogh Disk beads with the same chain from Micheal's in a brass finish.

You can find the instructions for this bracelet on my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like both those pieces - the neutral, sort of industrial look of the chain and metal components mixed with the colourful (but subdued) tones of the clay make for a lost attic treasures look.

Anonymous said...

I've been holding on to those chains myself. They have a nice weight to them and I love the color. I've been trying to find out the metal content, just to know if there's any lead in them. Any idea?

Anonymous said...

The brass, bronze and copper look is finally starting to grow on me. I just ordered some wire from Rio and can't wait to work with it. With the prices of silver, I bet this is only the beginning of these styles!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Got some of the chain and tried out a patina on it, there's a thin layer of metal on top like a plating but if it's not left in the patina too long it darkens nicely. I'm talking seconds! then yank it out and neutralize the patina.
LLYYNN - Lynn Davis