Friday, September 11, 2009

Headpin Mania!

Okay, so I finally picked up a little micro torch from the local hardware store. I've wanted one forever, but always as one of those 'some day' things. After reading Candie Cooper's Metalwork 101 for Beadmakers, I knew I had to break down and get one. They are so easy to make. like really guys, SO EASY! Beth Hemmila was kind enough to put together a video showing us the ropes. I know what you'll be doing this weekend!

Hint Jewelry: How to make headpins with a micro torch.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I could do this on my torch after I'm done melting glass. How easy! Thanks Beth!!

rosebud101 said...

I hate to admit this, but I have one, but it's never been out of the box. I think I had better put it to work soon!

Beverly Herman said...

That was one of the best things I learned to do with the micro torch. It's been five years since I have had my torch out. Maybe I need to get busy and make some of my own head pins. Thanks for sharing that tutorial.

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Fantastic!!! I love the tip on using that 3" piece of cardboard to wrap the wire around in order to get fast similar length headpins...

Jen Judd said...

Ooooh. I always wanted to try it, but thought I'd have to have tons of equipment...this definitely looks do-able! Thanks!