Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the 12th Day of Christmas: Squirrelin' Away Pendant


I love this tiny charm from Hint.  That little guy has some moxie as he squirrels away nuts for the winter! 

I made this as a gift for my youngest daughter.   I'll slip it into her stocking as she dreams of sugarplums tonight.

Supplies:
Silver charm from Hint
Disk bead from Humblebeads
2 sterling silver 4mm flat spacers
1 sterling silver 6mm flat spacer
4 silver ball headpins
1 brass 15mm jumpring
2" sterling silver 22 ga wire
2 Czech glass flowers
1 lapidolite 6mm bead
1 glass rondelle
1 bicone 4mm crystal
1 brass flower bead cap
18" gunmetal brass chain

Brass is Vintaj from Bello Modo.


1. String accent beads on the silver headpins, as shown above.  Trim wire and make loops.  Attach to large jump ring.

2. Create a large wire-wrapped loop, slipping the squirrel charm on before making the coils. String a flat spacer, disk bead, flat spacer.  Complete the wire-wrapped loop on top.

3. Add the brass jumpring to the bottom of the squirrel charm.  String the chain through the top loop of the pendant.


8 comments:

Jean Hutter said...

I love this necklace it is simple but just beautiful. I love the warm coloring - very nice gift!

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

oh that is wonderful :D
many thanks
tabby
www.crookedheartart.blogspot.com

Kalei's Best Friend said...

She does have some spectacular charms!. Your daughter will love that necklace.

TesoriTrovati said...

That is such a warm and wonderful gift! Can you adopt me?
Enjoy the day! Erin

Pretty Things said...

I love squirrels (although I know a lot of people don't!) so I adore that necklace!

Nina said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! XO
Nina

Unknown said...

I love the squirrel pendant. Can I buy one from you?
Only, the bottom dangly things below mix in a horse shoe or saddle?
My horse's barn name is "Squirrel" :)

Heather Powers said...

Hi Deb - email me at humblearts@sbcglobal.net to see what I can create for you. I don't have any more of these charms but I do have other squirrel themed pendants. Thanks - Heather