Monday, March 28, 2016

Amuse the Muse - birds and butterflies - with Rebecca of Songbead

Happy Easter Monday everyone! We have today as a public holiday here in the UK, although I have, as usual been working anyway - such is life when you're self-employed! For me at least. I have a spa day (a late christmas gift) booked on Friday (eek!) and so I thought I'd do some work today so that I can really enjoy that. I rare treat for me! 

Anyway, enough about that. Sharp-brained readers may have realised that today is my last ABS post. Gulp! If you've missed that news, then you can check out my proper farewell post here. Things are moving and a-chainging and shifting, and it feels like, however hard it is (and it is/was a very difficult decision), it's the right thing for me just now. 

But I'm not going to bog this post down with sad farewells - been there, done, that - and anyway, you're here to see the beads! Right?! 

Here's what I found for you this week:

Donna Millard - adore these colours! Just look at that 'paint swirl' on the body of the wee birdie - swoon.

Round Rabbit - hitting Nancy's shop tomorrow at 12pm EST! You'll have to get in the queue behind me, hehe!

Genea - imagine what beautiful butterfly jewellery you could make with these gorgeous wing beads!


Tupper's Perch - love love love the speckles!


Metamorphic Beads - I find this sort of detailed glasswork nothing short of mind-blowing!


More wonderful colour choices from Pink Blue Sky! Love these cute, rustic birdies. 


Grubbi - these punchy colours work wonders together!

Robin the Raven - I love the rich, saturated colours on these polymer pieces!


And really, how cute are these wee birdies from the aptly names Charming Bluebird?

And so - gulp - that's me signing off for now. Like I said in my post earlier this month, it's definitely au revoir. I'll be back, as a reader and as a guest blogger so you will be seeing me sooner rather than later!. Thank you to you the readers, and thank you to my wonderful co-editors. It's been a huge pleasure, and I will miss being part of this art powerhouse so much - so keep in touch over on my blog and Facebook. And keep on showing your art bead love! I know I will :-)


Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

No comments: